Eideard

Man sets flat on fire drying underpants and socks in microwave

with 2 comments


Our apartment dweller should have attended

A man had to be led from his flat after a fire started when he tried to dry his underpants and socks in the microwave.

Firefighters were called to the blaze on Market Street in Weymouth, Dorset, after concerned neighbours heard a fire alarm…Residents from the block of flats led the man to safety from his second floor apartment following the fire at 10.45pm yesterday.

The flames were quickly put out by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.

A Dorset Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said: “The fire involved two pairs of underpants and two pairs of socks which the occupant had tried to dry by placing in the microwave.

The fire safety message here is to stop doing stupid things with devices which can ignite your underwear.

About these ads

Written by Ed Campbell

August 7, 2012 at 2:00 am

2 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Its why men need women

    trixfred30

    August 7, 2012 at 3:50 am

    • That’s right! So we can teach men how to do laundry so they won’t ruin ours when they finally start doing laundry solo.

      Michelle at Motley News

      August 7, 2012 at 6:05 am


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,796 other followers

%d bloggers like this: