Test your knowledge of literature’s mad scientists, as the world’s biggest particle collider is started up in Geneva by a group of undoubtedly very sane physicists
1. Why does Crake, in Margaret Atwood’s Oryx and Crake, create a genetic pandemic that apparently kills off all human beings apart from his friend Jimmy?
– He is a power-hungry maniac
– To replace human beings with his own genetically engineered race, the Crakers
– He is madly in love with Jimmy and wants to annihilate any potential competition
– It’s a mistake – he was actually working on a virus to eliminate the common cold
The quiz carries on from there.
Hilarious, you don’t need a tinfoil hat to get it wrong.