Indoor motocross race sets off Carbon Monoxide detectors. Duh?

Some 300 people attending a weekend indoor dirt bike event had to be evacuated from Toronto’s domed Rogers Center because of carbon monoxide fumes. The retractable roof was closed because of rain Saturday night for the Monster Energy AMA Supercross FIM World Championships.

Around 11 p.m., carbon monoxide detectors in the Renaissance Hotel that overlooks the field began going off and the fire department responded, police Staff Sgt. Karen Smythe said.

The Hard Rock Cafe and Windows Restaurant were also evacuated for about an hour until the air cleared…

The center originally built as SkyDome in 1989 is the home of the baseball’s Toronto Blue Jays and the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

Also the home of 300 not-too-bright motorsports fans.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.